Chinese Medical Sciences Journal ›› 2014, Vol. 29 ›› Issue (1): 33-37.doi: 10.1016/S1001-9294(14)60021-3

Previous Articles     Next Articles

Palliative Local Radiotherapy in the Treatment of Tumor-stage Cutaneous T-cell Lymphoma/Mycosis Fungoides

Chen-chen Xu, Tao Zhang, Tao Wang, Jie Liu, Yue-hua Liu*   

  1. Department of Dermatology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese; Academy of Medical Sciences & Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100730, China
  • Received:2013-11-12 Published:2014-03-31 Online:2014-03-31
  • Contact: Tel/Fax:86-10-69151502,

Objective To determine the efficacy of palliative radiotherapy in treating tumor-stage cutaneous T-cell lymphoma/mycosis fungoides (MF).Methods From January 2008 to January 2013, a total of 11 patients with tumor-stage MF were treated with local radiation therapy in Peking Union Medical College Hospital. The median age of these patients was 53.36±14.45 years. Female-male ratio was 1:1.2. The average course of disease was 10.82±3.37 years. All the patients were treated with local electronic beam irradiation with a total median dosage of 48.55±9.51 (40-74) Gy in an average of 24.55±5.57 (20-40) fractions, 5 fractions per week.Results The median follow-up time was 55.27±29.3 (13-103) months. No severe acute or chronic side effects of irradiation were observed. Complete clinical response (CR) rate of the radiated sites was 54.5% (6/11), partial response (PR) rate was 36.4% (4/11), and the overall response rate (CR+PR) was 90.9%. One patient showed no response.Conclusion Local radiotherapy with psolaren plus ultraviolet A and/or interferon maintaining treatment is an effective palliative therapy in the treatment of tumor-stage MF patients.

Key words: mycosis fungoides, cutaneous T-cell lymphoma, radiotherapy, nitrogen mustard, psolaren plus ultraviolet A

Copyright © 2021 Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences.  京公安备110402430088  京ICP备06002729号-1  Powered by Magtech.

Supervised by National Health Commission of the People's Republic of China

9 Dongdan Santiao, Dongcheng district, Beijing, 100730 China

Tel: 86-10-65105897  Fax:86-10-65133074 


Copyright © 2018 Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences

All right reserved.

京公安备110402430088  京ICP备06002729号-1